The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Filter projects list by context on iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Can't you make such a perspective showing everything in your Office folder?
Yes, you can create an Office-only (Context-based) Perspective, and see only the Actions (and therefore the Contexts) available in Office.

It's a fine workaround in a pinch; it doesn't give me the navigability I want, similar to what I get on the desktop.

Effectively I suppose what I want is a list of all my top-level items (Inbox/Library/Projects/Folders), tap the Work folder to see the list of projects in there, tap a Focus button, and then switch to Contexts view.

I'd hate having to create a new Perspective for every project I'd want to Focus on throughout the day.

Fine, if you're willing to wait long enough. Note the date on the post prior to yours... I'm a big fan of things one can do now, without having to wait for a third party to act, especially a third party that has very large announced plans for the near future that don't appear to include the item upon which one is waiting!

You originally said you regularly want to focus on a particular folder and just see the actions and contexts for that folder, which the perspective tactic supports quite similarly to the desktop if you group appropriately. Group by project would seem to allow you to pick out the actions from individual projects if that is what you need. Pair that with a perspective that does the same except grouping by context and you've got a decent way to look at the work. If you want to move the goalposts, that's fine, but why not put out the revised problem statement the first time around? :)

Yeah, I'm quite aware of the original dates of the thread.

I never said I would use the perspectives options. But it solves for one view. As a longtime omnifocus user, I know you understand that the flexibility of the desktop would be extremely valuable on the iPhone.

Creating a bunch of perspectives is a fine solution, and works fine for limited application, as long as you know which views you want ahead of time.

Oh and "focus on a particular folder" doesn't mean "focus on only this one folder". It's a shortcut example. I have way more than one folder I'd want to focus on each day, week or month!