The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus Themes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here's a smooth, subtle theme... with a 'pro' feel to it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sober.ofocus-theme.zip (1.2 KB, 1801 views)

I really like the dark theme in post 26 - but icant open it.

After you unzip the file, rename it to have .ofocus-theme as the extension. At that point you should be able to double-click it and have it load. Alternatively, go to the Style preferences in OF, click the little gear at the bottom left, and choose Load Theme, then select the file (it won't matter if you've renamed it with this approach).

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading its posts for a long time. As this forum has been very helpful for me, I think it's time to give something back. So, attached you find the theme I'm using now (OF 1.7.1), and a couple of screenshots that illustrate a few more tweaks I've made by replacing some icons inside Omnifocus.app with icons “borrowed” from… ehm… The Hit List and Things (such icons are not attached).

My perspective window is always open to the left of the screen. For those who are curious about my toolbar, from left to right you find: inbox, project/context mode, focus, inspector, due items, important (aka flagged) items, clean up, (weekly) review, mark reviewed, the “Project Folder” and “Project Notes” applescripts that I've found in this forum, the search field, the view bar button, and OF's “split/merge window” applescripts (with custom icons downloaded from http://iconfactory.com/freeware/).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	contextview.png
Views:	2238
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1051   Click image for larger version

Name:	projectview.png
Views:	1826
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	1052  
Attached Files
File Type: zip SmallLucida.ofocus-theme.zip (1.1 KB, 1248 views)

How did you get the icons in place on your OF theme?

The icons are found in the Resources folder of the package contents of the respective applications. For OF:

1) close OF;
2) find OF's application icon in the Finder and right-click on it;
3) choose "Show Package Contents".

Some icon files are in Contents/Frameworks/OmniFocusInterface.framework/Resources/ (Context.pdf, Folder.pdf, Project.pdf, …), others are in Contents/Resources/ (e.g., Projects.pdf, etc…). Just replace those files (backup OF first).

The icons I have used are mostly from THL, apart from the Library icon, which is from Things. In those applications, they are stored as png images: I have copied them, converted them into pdf with Preview, renamed them appropriately and put them inside OF's package content.

I did these changes because, for me, the small project and context icons look too similar. Now I can visually distinguish between them much better.
The drawback is that, when you update OF, these changes may get lost.

Last edited by druido; 2009-09-01 at 01:07 AM..

pretty amazing. Thanks for the tip!

I have fallen in love with Themes! BUT...I cannot find any way to change the background and text colors in the Quick Entry box. Is there any way to change those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesafoster View Post
I have fallen in love with Themes! BUT...I cannot find any way to change the background and text colors in the Quick Entry box. Is there any way to change those?
No, what you see is what you get in Quick Entry. I'd like an option to change this also, as I'd rather see a HUD-style theme for Quick Entry.

And, as usual, use Help → Send Feedback to get a formal feature request into the dev. database.

Curt