The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Allow OmniFocus to Sync to work computer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Synchronization will be automatic, but at the same level as Kinkless. For 1.0, we will synchronize with other devices (Palm, phone) by going through iCal. There will be no built-in support for synchronizing computers, but we will include support for storing the database on a thumb drive or remote file server.

We understand your desire to access the information anywhere at anytime. At Omni, we not only develop the application, but we use it and have the same desire. We're trying to make it as painless as possible :)
I tried to share the database between computers by exporting it to a thumbdrive. However, there doesn't seem to be a good way to use the exported file at my office computer.

How does Omnifocus support storing the database on a thumb drive (ie what is the correct procedure?)