The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCloud sync to be MAS only? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've read that Omnigroup are working on document syncing for OG and OO now but I've also read numerous articles all indicating iCloud document sync is only available to Mac AppStore applications.

This rings alarm bells given I have invested a significant amount of money in to the entire Omnigroup productivity applications and I'm concerned that iCloud document sync, when implemented, won't be available for these versions and that I'd be forced to pony up for MAS purchases to get this functionality. Is this likely to be the case?

If so, Apple have pushed both OmniGroup and its customers into a corner on this. And I doubt I'd both repurchasing OG professional at least, just to get access to this functionality when I have already invested significantly in a version already. I don't believe it's even possible for Omnigroup to allow users to migrate licenses over to the AppStore versions as Apple will expect their cut of the money. Omni would have to take a significant hit on that.

I'm really keen to get Omnigroup's take on this.