The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescript to cycle through task states Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find myself going to the filter ribbon to switch between next, available and remaining task states pretty much all the time throughout the day, so i thought i would simplify that process by automating it via applescript, and assigning it a QuickSilver hotkey.

You can specify as few as two states (one would make this script useless), and up to all of them; note that remaining tasks are referred to as incomplete.

You can also manually set the order of the task state in which the script cycles; i happen to like next > available > remaining > flagged > and back to next ... but you could easily just do flagged > next > available > and back to flagged or whatever else floats your productivity boat

I have posted it to my webpage along with a couple other scripts at: http://www.sandro.org/omnifocus/index.php

Enjoy...

Works great - thanks for sharing!

Love it. Thanks :)

Looks like Omni's latest work on the filter broke this script...
EDIT: Saw the update here. I'll check it out.

Last edited by Craig; 2007-07-04 at 02:21 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Looks like Omni's latest work on the filter broke this script...
EDIT: Saw the update here. I'll check it out.
there was a build in the last couple of days that changed how flags are handled which did indeed break my script. to fix it, you can either simply remove the "flagged" option for the list of possible options to cycle through, or download a new version where i did it for you at: http://www.sandro.org/omnifocus/index.php

as soon as the good omni folks include applescript methods for accessing that new flagged pulldown, i will either tweak the script if possible or release another one...