The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will keeping OF open on a Mac cause problems? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to leave a copy of OmniFocus running at all times on my "server" Mac, so that it can handle requests from IM, email, and twitter. (My version of Quick Entry on the iPhone)

When I last looked into syncing times and file sizes, it looked like keeping file sizes down required that I sync everything, then STOP syncing for an hour or so, and then sync again after that timed out.

Is there a way to ensure that my OF file compacts itself equally aggressively, without having to quit OF on this one computer for an hour or so every day?

Quitting is completely unnecessary. Just leave it running - as you aren't making any changes to it locally, it will only synch every hour anyway, iirc.

There's no need to avoid syncing for an hour: it's just that only change files more than an hour old are eligible to be compacted. No harm at all in leaving the app running.