The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scroll wheel support is broken Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can't use a scroll wheel with sp5 or with the r13302 webkit.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with a Kensington trackball and a beta universal driver (MouseWorks 3.0b2).

-peter

never mind. operator error!

Actually, I do find some problems with scrolling in sp6. I use USB Overdrive with one of those Logitech "laser" mice. The scroll wheel is set to 'accelerate', which is basically what the scroll wheel does with the OS X driver (as far as I can tell).

Scrolling in the front browser works, both in the window and the tab bar. But I can't scroll in other browser windows and their tab bars. More annoyingly though I can't scroll in the url completion popup window in any browser.

(The same thing happens with USB Overdrive disabled.)

This probably had to do with this issue in the release notes:
" Switching tabs requires click on new page before link hovers work (getting the pointer cursor, hover link color changes, etc.)"

In other words, the window isn't responsive to the mouse until it is clicked on.

No, this seems to be a different problem. Scrolling works in front tabs and windows without clicking on them.

The scroll wheel not working in the URL completion may be about clicking, but it's hard to tell, since when you click on it, it goes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afb
No, this seems to be a different problem. Scrolling works in front tabs and windows without clicking on them.

The scroll wheel not working in the URL completion may be about clicking, but it's hard to tell, since when you click on it, it goes away.
Sorry, should have quoted you. I was referring to the part where you said But I can't scroll in other browser windows and their tab bars.

Ah. .

I don't want to start a new thread if there's already one on scrolling.

I'm using sp10 now, just upgraded from sp9, but I'm using the Kensington Expert Mouse Pro trackball, and it seems that the scrolling behavior has changed with the 5.5 builds from the 5.1.3 one.

Scrolling is no longer smooth when using the scroll wheel (and maybe a little so when using the scroll bar as usual). Is this something I should test with another mouse (which I don't have readily available), or does WebKit just scroll differently than WebCore used to? The scrolling with the scroll wheel is now very jumpy (not jittery).... simply not smooth. It also scrolls more than I would expect with each scroll down. Instead of smoothly scrolling, it jumps a few inches each time.

If no one else is experiencing this, I'll chalk it up to the Kensington driver.

-Craig

Scrolling in background windows is not generally supported in Mac OS X... (try it in mail or safari).

We used to add support for that in OmniWeb but we lost it when we switched to WebKit. We will try to reimplement it for the final release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udecker
Scrolling is no longer smooth when using the scroll wheel (and maybe a little so when using the scroll bar as usual).
I believe smooth scrolling was another feature we lost in the switch to webcore--if so, we will try to reimplement it for the final release.