The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

beachball on ESPN.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I began seeing this with one of the last 5.7 nightlies. When visiting espn.com, OW will beachball 100% of the time. Is anyone else seeing this? I trashed the prefs file, however the beachball still occurred.

edit: Small addendum...everything is fine if espn.com is loaded as a background tab. Once I click on the tab, beachball.

Last edited by ChadCN; 2008-03-16 at 03:13 PM..

Well this is odd. ESPN is beachballing in EVERY browser I have. Safari, OW, and Firefox. Yet it works fine on other machines. How odd.

I saw similar reports for Safari and other browsers on the MacNN forums at the weekend (iirc). The problem resolved itself for the posters there - maybe it is a corrupt video feed that needs ESPN to sort it out? If you run a sample using Activity Monitor when this happens, are there any clues as to what is hanging (e.g flash?).