The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5 Wish List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I assume that filtering the Context mode by Completed actions to display only completed actions isn't adequate - do you need more granularity?

I think something like this might have already been requested, but I can't spot it on a quick look:

56) A calendar view where you can see what actions are due (and for the poster above) or completed on that date or on a selection of dates.

Admittedly, this is getting into project planning mode, rather than following the GTD philosophy, but it is how some of us are using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
I think something like this might have already been requested, but I can't spot it on a quick look:

56) A calendar view where you can see what actions are due (and for the poster above) or completed on that date or on a selection of dates.

Admittedly, this is getting into project planning mode, rather than following the GTD philosophy, but it is how some of us are using it.
i suggested something similar. one page before on page 8. in suggestion 52 and 53. especially 52 would consider the point you have mentioned but would also stick to the gtd philosophy at the same time ;) what do you think ? ;)

I guess my quick look was too quick. ;)

57) The ability to print in black and white.

Showing various colours to identify next actions, due actions, etc, is all well and good, but if you only have a black-and-white printer, the results are quite hard to read. All you get is various shades of gray, so you can't tell the difference between the various colours any more -- and the printout is dithered to the point where small text becomes almost unreadable.

Colour is great on the screen, but not (necessarily) when printed out.

- Erik.

PS: There is, in the OmniFocus "Page Setup" options, a checkbox to print only in black and white, but that checkbox doesn't do anything -- I've got it checked, and my printouts are still coming out in colour. Can this be fixed, please?

As I understand it, if I put any items under a task, they become a group and OF sees them all as tasks, except for the top level item, which becomes the group header.

I would really like to have the option to either:

1. Create an outline of notes -- not tasks -- with collapsable headings as part of the notes of a task..or...

2. Be able to toggle off the group feature so that sub-tasks are notes rather than tasks.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Severson View Post

...snip...I would really like to have the option to either:

1. Create an outline of notes -- not tasks -- with collapsable headings as part of the notes of a task..or...snip..
Although they wouldn't be collapsable you could always press return after the first line of notes then tab to indent for an outline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsbreath View Post
Although they wouldn't be collapsable you could always press return after the first line of notes then tab to indent for an outline
Or create your notes in OmniOuliner and either link them into the OmniFocus note field or copy the document in and store it within the database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimomni View Post
Please, please, please!

Ability to see (everything due that day) in one window:
* Next action
* Flagged task
* Items that have a date that become due that day

Please, please, please!
And, of course the ability to print it. Yes!

Thanks, in advance....

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik_westra View Post
57) The ability to print in black and white.

Showing various colours to identify next actions, due actions, etc, is all well and good, but if you only have a black-and-white printer, the results are quite hard to read. All you get is various shades of gray, so you can't tell the difference between the various colours any more -- and the printout is dithered to the point where small text becomes almost unreadable.

Colour is great on the screen, but not (necessarily) when printed out.
Erik,

You CAN print documents in black & white. In the print dialog, under Colorsync, choose Quartz filter and B&W or gray, or sepia, or whatever you want. Not sure if this will work with all printers, but it does on mine (not a B&W, BTW). You can save these settings as a Preset in the print dialog and make sure it's chosen every time you print to that printer.

Does it work for yours?

Aaron