The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ability to tag contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinarut View Post
I still feel a need to tag projects to make the process of setting up and maintaining my perspectives a bit easier and to make it easier to find certain projects that honestly can get buried.

OmniFocus has always been a powerful "lump of clay" with the ability to configured to one's own process - I think tags would be a welcome feature leaving it up to the users whether or not they wish to take advantage of it.
Agreed 100%.

I've used OmniFocus every day for two and a half months. The more I use it, the more I want tags. Every app that can be described as a "powerful 'lump of clay'" has features that some people think are essential, while other people never need use those features. For some of us, tags would elevate the usefulness of OmniFocus tremendously.

Please add one more vote to the list for tags (or some sort of meta-data) so I can add the context 'phone' and then tag it with a name 'Joe'. This allows me to review my 'Joe' tag at anytime to see what I need to talk to Joe about. Since I work from home, I may see Joe at a meeting, on the phone, on IM, etc, etc.

We all have various techniques. This one is mine and I look forward to some form of support.

For now, I add the name in the title of the task and run a search.

+1 for tags.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We do plan to let you place arbitrary metadata on projects, tasks, and contexts, so yes, you could use a metadata field to add your own tags to things.
Does this apply to OF for iPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
Does this apply to OF for iPad?
LOL. That quote was from long before the iPad even existed as a public product ;-)

Closing this thread (and similar ones in the other OmniFocus forums) in favor of the consolidated thread for this topic.