The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Crashes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just a question to validate what's going on here and if it's just me or not.

Is anyone else having a problem with waking up their Mac and discovering it has crashed and rebooted? I have been having this problem and the last time it crashed I saw it was OmniFocus that was the thread that crashed. I have kept OmniFocus off when I am away from the computer.

But I'm wondering if there might be an issue with OF and PowerNap? or something? I'll post more if I see it happen again.

Shouldn't really be possible for OmniFocus to cause your computer to reboot.

I would Tend to agree, but, it seems to be happening. If I don't leave OmniFocus running, I don't seem to have any issues.

I leave Omnifocus running for ages. No issues AFAIK with OF and PowerNap for me. Could be different for you, of course -- there's always room for hard-to-reproduce problems unique to your setup/environment/machine.

Sorry for the trouble this is causing!

OS X is specifically written to prevent a third-party application from crashing the OS; if that's what you're seeing, it means that something inside the OS is broken and is crashing the Mac, taking OmniFocus with it.

Most often, this is a 'reinstall the OS' situation, but if you contact our support folks, we'll be happy to investigate this with you in case there's something else going on.