The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Has anyone been using the iCal Sync functionality? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb View Post
Right now, the only difficulty I'm having with my system of Palm->iCal->OF (and back) is that tasks from the Palm are flagged in OF, making that functionality otherwise unusable. But in general, it works. I often don't show the ToDo's in iCal, but they transfer just the same. Since I keep separate calendars for hardscape Events and ToDo's in the same area of interest (differ by only the OF: prefix), I have some control over what gets synced and what gets shown.
Assign a priority of 5 in the Palm and the tasks should make it back through to OF without being flagged. I think the Palm uses priority 1 by default, which does get flagged in OF. I haven't tried priorities 2-4 to know how they behave.

I'd rather not bother with setting the priority on the Palm at all, but you're right, that is a work around (picky, picky). I reviewed the matrix of Palm/iCal/OF priority scales with support ninjas already so I know they are aware.

For me, things with start dates before the sync occurs don't show up (which is fine with me, because I use my calendar to "focus").

Any chance the Omni folks can make an option to show hierarchical project names in iCal? You guys pretty much add features right around time I've really wanted them, and this is the next on my list! :)

I have a question: When I create a task in Ical (to set a reminder) it does not get synced into Omnifocus, it only gets deleted from the calender with the Omnifocus data. Is it supposed to be like this? The reason I use it is that I kind of like to have reminders for some of the tasks.