The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Durations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello

I have searched the forum, and found a few threads on this topic, but none that I have found have answered it specifically to my enquiry.

I have an event that opens on the 14th July and closes on the 29th September (11 weeks or thereabouts)

I have set the project granularity to daily.

I have not assigned resources, as all I need to produce at this stage is a Gantt chart. I have changed my working week to 7 days a week, 12 hours a day (no lunch break). Reason for this is that we will have crew working on the project on a Sunday - or generators delivered on a Saturday for example.

So I bet you know what I am going to say ! As soon as I change the working week to 7 days - the duration goes all wrong.

My 11 week project shows a duration of 24 weeks and 1 day and 7 hours (haven't got a clue where that 7 hours comes from !!) I know that clicking on the icons next to the effort v duration field fixes one of them, but if I am entering fixed start and end dates (ie event open, event close - that never changes), then how do I get that duration showing correctly ?

I know this is not a bug, I have obviously set things up wrongly / am going about it the wrong way.

But can come one help ? I nearly booked 24 weeks worth of air conditioning when I only need 11 at £1,500 p/week !

Many many thanks,

Andrew

Okay, for a mere 5% of the savings, I'll give you the answer :-)

Go to the Project inspector. Click on the 4th icon over (looks like a little original Mac with a checkbox on the screen) to bring up the Project Formatting section. There you'll find the conversion factors that OmniPlan uses to convert hours to days, weeks, months, etc. In your case, 12.0 hours per work day, 84 hours per work week should do the trick. I made a trivial plan from your data which showed 23w4h duration with the standard work week and 11w when the conversion factors were set as described and the work week set to 7x12, so I think we both learned something here :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sample OmniPlan long work week.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	557  

Geez, that screen capture is pretty much unreadable. Here's the original file, if anyone cares.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OmniPlan long week.zip (13.7 KB, 418 views)

Crikey I care !!

Thank you so so much. Very kind of you to take the time and effort on this.

Where do I send the cheque ? ;-)

Am going to check through this now - but sounds like that's the solution.

Kindest regards,

Andrew