The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shortcuts for Omnigraffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any what to create shortcuts for group and ungroup as well as moving layers up or down.

In Adobe
Group = Apple + G
Ungroup = Apple + U

Move Up = Apple + ]
Move Down = Apple + [
Move to front = Apple + Shift + ]
Move to back = Apple + Shift + [

How can I do this in omni graffle?
Right clicking and making selections is brutally slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powers View Post
Is there any what to create shortcuts for group and ungroup as well as moving layers up or down.

In Adobe
Group = Apple + G
Ungroup = Apple + U

Move Up = Apple + ]
Move Down = Apple + [
Move to front = Apple + Shift + ]
Move to back = Apple + Shift + [

How can I do this in omni graffle?
Right clicking and making selections is brutally slow.
Group = Shift-Cmd-G
Ungroup = Shift-Cmd-U
Move to front = Shift-Cmd-F
Send to back = Shift-Cmd-B

Those are under the "arrange" menu, at least in my version of OGPro ... I don't think there has ever been a "move up" (or "forward"?) or its reverse.

Mark

Note, you can modify and create shortcuts using System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts for all the OmniGroup's apps, including OmniGraffle. If you don't like the defaults, alter them to be ones you do like or are more familiar with (however, you do need to make sure that they don't conflict with something else first such as another OmniGraffle shortcut or a system shortcut).

I've tried this in system preferences>Keyboard& Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts and it made no difference in the OmniGraffle program, any ideas??

The OS X keyboard-shortcut editing interface is a bit fiddly sometimes - make sure that what was typed into the System Preferences pane matches what appears in the Menu *exactly* - no extra spaces, same capitalization, etc.

If that doesn't appear to be the problem, the next likely culprit would be that the keyboard shortcut is already in use somewhere in OmniFocus. As an example, the system will happily let you assign Command-N to the 'Show Inspectors' command, but it'll still function as "New Document".

If *that* doesn't appear to be the culprit, send an email to the support ninjas and we'll try to help figure out what's up.