The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Enhancement Request: Re-ordering Projects And Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just sent in the following enhancement suggestion. If you find the sorting of projects and contexts troublesome as I do, use OmniFocus > Help > Send Feedback... to vote for this feature in a future version of OmniFocus.

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: RE-ORDERING PROJECTS AND CONTEXTS

It is FAR too easy to ACCIDENTLY drop a project/context INTO another project/context instead of INSERTING IT INBETWEEN two existing projects/contexts when re-ordering projects/contexts.

when this happens, IF you notice it, you have to go hunting for where you accidently dragged it.

Please develop a slide-out-of-the-way visual cue in the interface similar to re-sorting items in the OSX dock.

Added my vote...

I imagine this sort of visual indicator (existing items sliding/shifting out of the way to make room for moved items) would be much easier to accomplish with Core Animation under Leopard. It seems difficult to justify spending the effort to do it under Tiger when OmniFocus is slated to go Leopard-only in version 2.0.

yep - and even to improve the "indicator" they currently use.

If you look at the indicators in iTunes and the Finder sidebar for example, they show a VERY CLEAR line between the objects you are inserting.

Whereas OmniFocus has an indicator, but it gets totally obviscated from view and is VERY hard to read.

yea, i agree, this needs to be fixed