The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

multiple projects with staff resources Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Count me in for a vote on this one. It is a feature that would certainly be very useful.
:D

I'm with the group here, we'd love to see this feature delivered in the next release. ;) However, I'd like to report that we've had good success managing multiple projects in a single plan. I'm running a Dual 533 G4 with 768 MB RAM and had great performance managing over 8 projects with more than 25 resources. All in all, this is a great 1.0 Product Offering.

Please add my vote for this feature as well.

OP is already a fantastic app, but no multi-project views and resource sharing is what prevents me from using it.

To have that featureset in OP's interface would be totally ideal.

Add my vote, too.

At the moment, I'm managing my department as a single project file. Each root tasks represents one department project. It works OK, but gets a little unwieldy at times. (I have 15 projects at the moment -- as tasks in a single project file.)

While it's nice you can open multiple project files on screen, and balance resource availability between them manually, it quickly becomes tedious. Especially when the number of concurrent project varies, staff involvement with a particular project changes over time, etc., etc. There really needs to be an automated system.

Please add my vote also

blindmouse, mprewitt, and pslade:

Your votes have been added. :)

[I think I posted this on the wrong thread -- sorry! Still waking up, I guess.]

Last edited by Lizard; 2007-02-15 at 10:55 AM..

We also need the ability to manage a list of resources across multiple projects.

Related to this we need a way to set the percentage of a "resource allocated" at x% (not a specific value)

In other words, if we have two projects A and B:

Task A is set at 100 hours
Task B is set at 10 hours

We want Task B to start a week after Task A starts and to be worked on for 25% of the time till it is done.

Thus Task A starts at a 100% and then moves to 75% for the duration of Task B, and then returns to 100% after B completes.

I would like to lock in the percentage for Task B, but let Task A adjust itself as Task B starts and completes.

Is this going to be possible in OmniPlan in the future?

Please add my vote too. Can you tell us how this issue is doing and when we might see this feature added to Omniplan?

We've just evaluated OmniPlan and it looks great for our needs. I'm looking forward to adding this program to our suite of Omni products, however tracking multiple projects (ideally with a 'Master Project' type overview and resource allocation / checking between projects) is a must for us before we buy.

I would appreciate hearing where this feature was at in Omni's development roadmap - are we likely to see this soon? Will it be a part of 1.1.X or 1.2.x or will it be a 2.x feature?

Inquiring minds want to know!

PS> add my vote in case you had not guessed already.