The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Does it sync in background? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I add a task in OmniFocus and push directly after this the home-button, will OF sync automatically in the next few mins in background?

Yes, OmniFocus starts a sync whenever you switch away, or 1 minute after a change, or 1 hour after the last sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Yes, OmniFocus starts a sync whenever you switch away, or 1 minute after a change, or 1 hour after the last sync.
This is a post in the OmniFocus for iPhone forum. The last option you mention is impossible; I suspect the rest of them may be incorrect as well ;-)

Not impossible at all. You do have to have the app open as the foreground app, of course.

I don't know why you say such things. It's easily verifiable behavior, and I just verified it in the current version on my iPod Touch. If you switch away, it starts a sync. The periodic syncs take place if you have the app open and have internet connectivity. If you don't have the app running in the foreground, well, that's your problem, not mine.

It does appear that if you didn't have it running in the foreground at the time a sync was due, no immediate sync is launched upon bringing it to the foreground, and that seems like an opportunity for improvement.

If you still don't believe that it syncs after a switch, take it up with Ken:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...5&postcount=25