The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do I create this persepective... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First off, love OmniFocus for desktop AND iPhone. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! Thanks so much.

I have 3 perspectives (UNBELIEVABLE FEATURE by the way) I use a lot. I want to add one more that allows me to see every task without having to see the project or single action groupings. I have attached an image of the things I would like to have NOT in the view. Thanks for the help.

Hi, you can get what you're looking for by switching over to the context view. Try this:

1.) In the perspectives menu, select "All Items" to make sure you aren't focused on anything.
2.) In the view menu, select "Context Mode".
3.) In the view menu, select "Grouping > Ungrouped".

This will give you a listing of all your tasks. You can sort this further if you bring up the view bar (also available from the view menu.

Your directions replicate my screenshot. What I am looking for is to remove the projects "headers" so that it just shows tasks. The screenshot below show what I want it to look like (and this perspective is for tasks "due soon"). I want the exact same look with EVERY task listed. As you can see below, there are no "project headers" breaking up the list of tasks - it's just a long list of tasks. I can only get this to work by selected Due Soon in the views which excludes all of the tasks that are not due soon.

With the window above, in the view bar change "Due Soon" to available or remaining.

Is this not what you're looking for?

Mark: the "Perspective: Due Soon" in the window title bar is a tip-off that you have a perspective applied. If you want to see all your actions, you'll need to clear the perspective. (I know that Troy's instructions solved your problem in the present, but I wanted to explain how you got there in the first place.)