The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Today I Added an "iPad" context! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Wow. It amazing how framing an app in a new UI and adding a few new/different features (forecast & maps, for example) can change the entire experience for me.

I finally get/understand the power of the maps using store names (Publix, Home Depot) and making that a realtime search rather than a specific address or lat/long. Now wherever I am in the city I am close to one of these. I didn't get that the first time around on the iPhone.

Also, the forecast goes a long way toward helping me visualize my week. I was in the process of writing a filemaker app to help with that. I might not need it now. I would like to see the forecast bar scroll up a week at a time so I can see into the following week(s), but I don't want to be too greedy :-).

The only workarounds I needed were to create an 'errands' perspective so I don't have to scroll through all my stuff to get there (yes, I can get there from the map, but not see all available). I don't need a work perspective for projects because it is just one tap to close my 'personal' folder hierarchy and expose only the work projects hierarchy, but I will need one for work contexts (so in meetings I'm not flipping around so much). All in all, the team did a great job! Rest up, I want more :-)!

-Ed

BTW, the iPad context became necessary because I can now do roundtrip planning on the iPad, managing tasks along the way, which I couldn't do before. I was doing a review this morning and found I was starting to mean iPad when I was filing under the computer context :-). So I just created one. Wow. It's not often my workflow gets changed in a big way.