The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

upgrading MacBooks soon - should I wait to buy? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to buy OmniFocus for Mac, but sometime soon I will be upgrading from this old MacBook to a newer model. Two questions:

1. Would the license allow me to switch OF to my new laptop?

2. Secondly, would I be able to run it on both the old AND new, or just one of them?

(Thanks for any insight or referrals should this basic question already be covered elsewhere!)

If you buy directly from Omni, you can definitely transfer the license from one computer to the other. You can keep using it on both computers if it's still you using both computers. If you pass the old laptop on to someone else, they'd need their own OmniFocus license.

Last edited by Lizard; 2012-01-24 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: clarifying that my answer was specific to Omni's store

You can purchase it through the app store, once you get your new MacBook, you can install again from the app store. Just make sure to delete the copy on your old computer before you pass it to someone else.

Best practices: always wipe a computer out and sell it with a fresh OS install that boots into the Welcome to Mac OS X screen.