The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Actions from Mail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just got done posting a script that pulls selected messages from Apple Mail into the Quick Entry window in OmniFocus. The script adds the message body to the action's note field (along with a link back to the original message).

The cool thing about this approach is that you can then leverage OmniFocus' existing QE window to edit the ancillary fields (project, context, etc.) before sending it on to OmniFocus!

Here is a link to the post:

http://www.earth2adam.com/omnifocus-...ons-from-mail/

Comments? Complaints? Ideas?

Nice! Works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Sneller View Post
I just got done posting a script that pulls selected messages from Apple Mail into the Quick Entry window in OmniFocus. The script adds the message body to the action's note field (along with a link back to the original message).

The cool thing about this approach is that you can then leverage OmniFocus' existing QE window to edit the ancillary fields (project, context, etc.) before sending it on to OmniFocus!

Comments? Complaints? Ideas?
Thanks. It would be great if you can pull project and due date from MailTag as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
Thanks. It would be great if you can pull project and due date from MailTag as well.
Good thinking! I'll add this to the feature requests for the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Sneller View Post
Good thinking! I'll add this to the feature requests for the next release.
Great! This will make my day.

This seems as good a place as any to announce that I've posted an updated version of my Mail to OF scripts to my software downloads page. The update includes two versions of the Add Action to OmniFocus script, one that brings up the QuickEntry window and one that does not. The second is handy when you want to trigger the script with Mail rules, for example when you want to email actions to yourself.

Unlike Adam's, the scripts include the Applescript source, so you can modify them to your liking. Instructions for some common modifications are included. These modifications include changing the default context for new actions and changing how much of the linked message is included in the action's note.

I don't plan to add additional MailTags support beyond the current link-back functionality. I don't use the project and date features of MailTags, since I already have that information in OmniFocus. (That's not to reject others desire for those features, but if I'm not using a feature I can't dependably maintain the code for it. I wouldn't notice that it was broken!)

Curt