The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mitering line ends Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to join two lines together (different colors) at an arbitrary angle (usually 45 or 30 degrees). Is there any obvious way to create angled ends on the lines so that it looks like a good mitered joint?

Not instantly.

It's one of those things you would do once, and then save it as a stencil so that you could reuse.

My method would be to draw two lines. Select the one that should be at an angle and use the angle dial in the Geometry Inspector to set it. Also check the "Allow connections to other objects" checkbox in the Connections Inspector. Connect it to the other line, and you will have an archetype. Paste it into a stencil an you can re-use.

Thanks Matt... I had no doubt I could "create" the right effect. I was just wondering if there was something that would do it for me :)

I'll send in a feature request.

I think the solution has something to do with altering the default behavior of line midpoints. There's another thread about using a script to strong-arm OG...

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=24170

Thanks, I had seen that. It isn't what I am looking for in this case, but it is a very useful script nonetheless.