The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quick export from OO outline item to OF task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I use OO for many things, including brainstorming about projects. It would be very helpful to know a way to select an OO item and have it sent as a task to the OF inbox. I know that I can simply select it and copy and paste, but I'd like to make a simpler and faster solution.
I don't see a way to do this in OO3 or in the alpha of OO4.
If I use services, I don't get a clean move, instead I get the name of the outline as my inbox item with the line I selected as a note. It's (much) better than nothing but not really much of an improvement over copying and pasting.
I guess that it could be done by writing a script or perhaps with Automator, but before I get into that kind of fiddly stuff, I want to make sure that I'm not overlooking anything that's already here.
Anyone have ideas?
Thanks,
Stephen