The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Calendar app returns "Cannot Subscribe" errors during setup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I click "Subscribe in Calendar" I get the following dialog with this message

Cannot Subscribe
Could not subscribe to the calendar "DueSoon.ics" from "idisk.me.com"

It never did ask for my MobileMe username/password before this step, btw.

Also, I have have Exchange ActiveSync setup for my work calendar, and two CalDAV calendars from Google Calendar.

Could this be the reason?

Brian, any idea?

-gandalf44

I am also getting this message:

Cannot Subscribe
Could not subscribe to the calendar "DueSoon.ics" from ".mydomain.com"

I have my ical to sync to Google Calendar via NuevaSync, so I am guessing that this is the problem.

I have checked my webdav server and the DueSoon.ics file is sitting there, so that bit worked!

i'm getting the same error message:

could not subscribe to calendar "DueSoon.ics" from ...

i have no other subscribed calendars. similarly the DueSoon.ics file is sitting in the webdav server ready to go.

Basically, looking at Greg Jones comments in that other thread, I got it working by manually configuring/subscribing to the DueSoon.ics through he Settings on the iPhone. OmniFocus app configuration was not working.

So once I turned on Calendar sync in OF settings, I went to main iPhone settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars --> Add Account.. --> Other --> Add Subscribed Calendar, and entered for server:

https://idisk.me.com/MobileMeUserNam...ts/DueSoon.ics, entered username & password, SSL to on, and viola, subscribed!

Last edited by Brian; 2009-07-24 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: added a fake-substitute mobileme user name instead of real one.

Thanks, i went through the list, but when i press subscribe in calendar it never asks me for the username and password. then after some time i get the error message that i can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol View Post
Thanks, i went through the list, but when i press subscribe in calendar it never asks me for the username and password. then after some time i get the error message that i can't.
Same here. Read my previous post. Configuring it manually by adding a new Account and selecting Subsscribe to Calendar, using the full URL, will configure it for you. Again, you need to have turned on Calendar sync first in the OF preferences within the OF iPhone app.

i was excited to read your specific and clear instructions. i had not tried putting the file name as a part of the server address. however this didn't work either. i got the message: Subscribed calendar account verification failed.

i'm curious about the https:// part. In syncing of OmniFocus with the webDAV server I have included https:// However if I put that in the server line for the calendar it says that SSL won't work and asks if i want to try it without.

grrr...

Hi Brian,

My (initial) sync does succeed, but I can't complete the calendar sync setup.

Did an Inbox test on OF iPhone, which after sync appears in OF on my Mac. The OF Reminders Calendar does appears in Calendars.app on iPhone

Just tried setting up the "due soon"-cal within the (updated) iPhone app, but when I try to "Subscribe in Calendar", I get the message "Can't subscribe - Could not subscribe to the calendar "DueSoon.ics" at "mydomain.com". Why is this? (I changed my real domain to "mydomain.com").

After synchronizing the calendar from within the OmniFocus application, I'm able to subscribe to it from my desktop iCal, but not from my iPhone, whether from within the OmniFocus app itself ("could not subscribe" error) or from within the iPhone Settings app ("Subscribed Calendar account verification failed").