The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

.omniplan/contents.xml Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey,

I am currently work on a PHP web system. One of the requirements is to create a simple .omniplan file to transfer the data from the system to Omniplan.

I know there is a way to create a CSV file and let the user to import it. However, the project manager prefer to generate a .omniplan file automatically.

It is possible to send me some documentations regarding the contents.xml file inside each of the .omniplan.

Therefore, it will be easer for me to understand each of the xml tags to create the .omniplan file

Thanks.

We don't really have any public documentation for the file format.
Feel free to post any specific questions here, or email us directly at omniplan@omnigroup.com

Another approach (which the PM also may not like) would be to create the CSV file, then have an AppleScript launch OmniPlan, import the CSV file, and save it as an .omniplan file. This would probably be easier to get right, but would require that your web server have access to a mac with OmniPlan on it.

Thanks for your reply.

Seems like I have to figure out the xml tags by myself.