The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mailtags support?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I found the following at the top of my MOTD file today:
MailTags' message urls are now automatically recognized in notes.

Can anyone explain what the current and/or planned support for mailtags is?

thanks,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesale@yahoo.com
I found the following at the top of my MOTD file today:
MailTags' message urls are now automatically recognized in notes.

Can anyone explain what the current and/or planned support for mailtags is?

thanks,

Mike
I can't speak to Omni's future plans, but I can say a bit about what is currently there.

Among many other things, MailTags allows you to open messages using special "message://…" URLs. I plan to post an update to my Mail link scripts later tonight that will create actions in Mail with these URLs embedded.

If you have MailTags installed, then even without my scripts you can:
  1. select a message in Mail
  2. choose Edit -> Copy Message URL
  3. create an action in OmniFocus
  4. paste the message URL into the note.

Now you can click that URL to open the associated message.

My updated scripts will just automate those steps.

Curt

Looking forward to that Curt, and glad you invested in MailTags :)

The new version of my OmniFocus-Mail interface is available from my software downloads page. Get it while it's hot!

(We're replacing our domain controller on Saturday, July 14. So there may be spotty connectivity then. I apologize for the inconvenience.)

Curt

Hi,
I get the following error woth the scripts:

Error number: 1
Message: System Events got an error: NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4

this was when I selected the script from script-menu. With Mail-Act-on and a rule setup (Mailtag etc. installed) I get nothing at all.

Greetings,
Rolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf_schmolling
Hi,
I get the following error woth the scripts:

Error number: 1
Message: System Events got an error: NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4

this was when I selected the script from script-menu. With Mail-Act-on and a rule setup (Mailtag etc. installed) I get nothing at all.

Greetings,
Rolf
Rolf,

Did you turn on support for Assistive Devices? (See the new installation instructions.)

Curt

Hi Curt,

yes, support for assistive devices this is always on (for some other stuff) and I checked.

Greetings,
Rolf

What happens if you open the script in Script Editor and run it from there? Which line of the script is highlighted there after the error occurs?

(I'd appreciate help tracking this down. On the other hand, if you would rather just get on with getting things done, you could change the contentInclusionType to something other than selectedText.)

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
What happens if you open the script in Script Editor and run it from there? Which line of the script is highlighted there after the error occurs?

(I'd appreciate help tracking this down. On the other hand, if you would rather just get on with getting things done, you could change the contentInclusionType to something other than selectedText.)
Hey Curt,

there is some code in this applescript that will check to make sure assistive devices is turned on:
Attached Files
File Type: zip SafariWindowsToTabs.zip (9.1 KB, 443 views)

What would be very useful is to be able to synchronise OmniFocus Projects to MailTags.