The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OG need 5 s for save and beachball Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello

I'm OG 5.0 user on PB 15" G4 1,5 GHz with 10.5.2 and 2 GB RAM.
No problem with this wonderful Mac ;-)

But every time when I save a little document OG Menue is blue for 5 s. In this 5 s the last 2 s beachball is running.
If I don't make correction in the document the same procedure is shown.
No other application is running. A look in activication of Apple show until 70 % CPU at this time.

Is that normal ?

No other apps show this effect.

Jochen (.de)

Might be due to the Quick Look preview being generated on save -- You can disable that in the Document Inspector.

Hey joel

That's the solution, thanks ;-)

What is that quick look preview.

Jochen (.de)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochen View Post
Hey joel

That's the solution, thanks ;-)

What is that quick look preview.

Jochen (.de)
I found the solution.
Quick look is to see the content of document in the finder = quick look.

But why must I activate this?
Other apps haven't this and I can see there content in the finder.

Other example are a Textedit file or a Photo.

Jochen

Well, there's one of two ways to go about Quick Look, one way is to create a plugin which generates the preview on the fly, the other is to write out a PDF into the file itself.

We've taken the latter route so OmniGraffle files can have Quick Look regardless if OmniGraffle is installed, however the trade off here is the save time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Well, there's one of two ways to go about Quick Look, one way is to create a plugin which generates the preview on the fly, the other is to write out a PDF into the file itself.

We've taken the latter route so OmniGraffle files can have Quick Look regardless if OmniGraffle is installed, however the trade off here is the save time.
Is that a good idea to switch ON quick look when I close the document and switch OFF quick look when I open the document. Both automatically.

I need quick lock only when I surfe in finder.

Jochen (.de)