The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Services Short cut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm liking using the Services menu to send items directly from Mail to OmniFocus. I'd love to use the keyboard short cut but can't figure out the last key in the sequence. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

You choose your keyboard shortcut in the Clipping section of the Omnifocus preferences. You do have to be careful to choose something that isn't already taken, of course. There shouldn't be one set at all unless you set it...

Thanks for the reply. I can see where I can utilize the Clippings and use keyboard shorts to create an item, but that creates new clippings. I want to use the Services menu and there is a keyboard short cut but I can't figure out the last key in the sequence - it looks like an O with a line connected to the top of it. Thus, the keyboard shortcut would be the following keys - Option | Command | ?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smhearty View Post
Thanks for the reply. I can see where I can utilize the Clippings and use keyboard shorts to create an item, but that creates new clippings. I want to use the Services menu and there is a keyboard short cut but I can't figure out the last key in the sequence - it looks like an O with a line connected to the top of it. Thus, the keyboard shortcut would be the following keys - Option | Command | ?????????
I don't get it. The Omnifocus: Send to Inbox service shortcut is defined by YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smhearty View Post
Maybe you could show us a screen capture? You're sure there isn't some crud on your screen at that spot? In any case, you can set that shortcut to be what you want it to be (subject to something else claiming that key combo first). The Service menu and the clipping shortcut are just two different ways of invoking the same operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You're sure there isn't some crud on your screen at that spot?
Always a good first trouble-shooting step. ;-)

-Dennis