The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sequencial Tasks appear as available when overdue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a sequential project that repeats every month containing two tasks.

I have set a due date and start date as the same day. As soon as the time comes around, both tasks appear on my lists as available even though I have set it to be a sequential project.

It seems that when an item becomes due it is automatically seen as available.

This means that when I look at one of my contexts it has tasks that are not available yet.

Is this a bug?

Please help. thanks.

You need to be a bit more specific about "your lists" -- depending on the action selector (Status Filter), you will see Due (soon) items even if they are not yet available if the due date falls in the scope of the view.

I'm going to assume you are looking at your actions in Context mode. If you have a simple project with two sequential actions, Thing 1 and Thing 2, with Thing 2 having a due date later today and Thing 1 not having a due date assigned, here's what you'll see with different action selector values:

Any Status: everything
Remaining: everything except items already completed
Next Action: only the next available action (Thing 1)
Due Soon: any action with a due date in the due soon interval (Thing 2)
Available: any action which is available (Thing 1)
Completed: only items already completed

I have a perspective that is called at home and due.

So really it needs to be at home, due, and available. Is that possible?

I guess I could set the status filter to "available" and sort by "due", but really I just want to look at the due items in this perspective.

Any way to filter it like this?

Last edited by Tim1; 2010-01-22 at 02:00 AM..

It may help for you to include some screenshots of what you are seeing.

You can take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-4, which will give you a selection cursor. Tap your Space key, click on the window you want to capture, and when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc.

You can then use the paper-clip button in the forum post interface to attach the pictures to your post.

If you make sure the view bar is visible (you can show it under the view menu if it isn't already) and let us know which actions you don't want to be seeing in this perspective, we'll probably be able to offer specific help.

Tim1,

I accomplish a similar thing by sorting and grouping by Due Date. Then I can collapse the future groups and save a perspective. (Be sure the perspective is set to restore the expansion state, so that OF remembers to keep future groups collapsed).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt