The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Does the iPad app have Archive support? [A: email ninjas to request.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I run the iPad and iPhone versions of OF with the ipad version being the one I work with the most. I have no intention of purchasing the Mac version

The concern I have is that I use OF as my main organising tool, including things to do every day, week and month. The reality of this is that I'm ending up with a lot of completed 'projects' and actions which show up in searches and the like.

I could go through and manually delete them, but surely archiving would be a better way to deal with it to keep the OF database workable and as slim as possible.

Are there plans to allow archiving from OF for iPad, and how do others deal with these issues?

I believe we have a feature request open on adding something similar to the Archive to the iPad version - emailing the support ninjas and asking to be attached to that request would be a good idea. (Items with more customer interest tend to get assigned higher priority.) Thanks!

Way to totally omit any suggestions that would be useful in the short term, Brian! :-P

You'd have to accumulate a lot of items for the app to start having problems, but if you do see that start to happen, you can delete stuff.

To do so, tap the View button, and select the "All" option to make completed items visible. You can then tap the items you want to nuke. When the editor window appears, you can tap the trash can button to nuke them.

(You can also delete individual actions by swiping your finger across them or with the Edit button, I suppose.)

Thanks Brian,

Already Emailed on Saturday, was also hoping this may rally a few others to register their approval.

Thanks Brian (Missed the second part of your reply yesterday.)

I currently have 362 projects and 2462 action, but I go through at least 20 actions a day, so I can see it quickly becoming huge.

Plus I'm a little OCD so I like to keep things as lean as possible ;-)