The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbie-why are my items all "omnifocus:/task..." links? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I did a brain dump, and organized, then I registered, then tried reading the manual (dumb i know) where it said you could use services clippings with cmd-shift-opt-period, but that didn't work. tried several times.

Going back to my project list, now almost all of my items are blue underscored links, that when clicked open up some apparently random item elsewhere in my library. grr. I can't see what these are for, not links, not children, just aggravating

Simplest question: how can I kill these links? it makes it very hard to edit contexts, etc, without opening up a new instance of the library.

I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how to even check the FAQ for this oddity.

Thanks

D

OK to answer my own question, this ws not fixed by 'resetting' preferences from within the appl but did *not* occur when opening the database on my laptop, so I deleted the com.omni...omnifocus.plist and all is OK again.

Can you please post a screen shot? I'm terribly confused by what you're describing.

Sorry, since it's fixed now I can't. Essentially, every word or phrase in the library was turned into a link, blue, underlined; contexts and all. Clicking these opened a duplicate library window, focusing on one of a few different tasks. If I copied the link and parsed it, it showed a url like omnifocus:/task... (yes, a single forward slash)

I thought I had stumbled across a 'feature' ;=) but apparently not.

If I remember correctly, this is a bug in 1.0.x, but it's fixed in 1.1; sorry for the confusion this caused.

(If it's the problem I'm thinking of, it's caused by copying a URL out of a rich text document, then pasting it into a brand-new OmniFocus task.)

If I understood correctly, then I had that problem in 1.0 and I haven't tried and will not try to do it again.

What I did then was I added an item to the Inbox with a link, the link went to the comment as it always does (the Clippings does it too). Then I tried to drag that link from the comment to the sidebar in Planning Mode, where all my projects are. I was trying the functionality of OmniFocus, partially actually in order to find bugs and it did indeed turn all my items to links and I couldn't undo it any other way than to remove my settings files.

If someone wants to try to reproduce it, that would be the way to do it.

Yeah, that would trigger the same bug via a slightly different route. Should be gone in 1.1, though.

I am having the same issue. Started when I accidentally moved a task item into another task item instead of above it, and now the entire system has populated with these blue links that open new random views of OmniFocus.

It looks like this is a known bug with a known solution - could someone please help me with that solution? This is great software but my task planning is too complicated to deal with this until the next version comes out.

Thanks!

IIRC the solution is to quit OF, delete your preferences file, and restart OF.

Curt

Hi, thanks for the reply.

This may sound stupid, but could you point me to the prefs file? I've looked in several directories for it but can't find it.

Thanks!