The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why David Allen doesn't "get" GTD Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by tah View Post
A lot of peoples needs are beyond the scope of that. What we need is a small workgroup GTD-ish application. Omnifocus, with some features of Omniplan, and the ability to push tasks to other users.

Omniplan has too much overhead, and doesn't have all the features of omnifocus (quick entry, context, etc, etc). If I enter all my tasks into OF, and they are either sequential or parallel, and have due dates and durations, OF should be able to automatically build a basic gantt chart.

Even if I was working by myself, it is still important to know how much work I have, and when I'd be able to take on more.
You may have a point--an intermediate app of some kind that falls somewhere between OmniFocus and OmniPlan. I wouldn't want any of that in OF, however, but a completely new app? Maybe. Send your suggestion on to Omni. Who knows?

Edit: See Ken's post. It looks like Omni is already on top of that!

Last edited by keone; 2009-04-06 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Ken's post.