The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Overdue actions aren't being counted properly Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Alright, either I'm not grasping the way OF does it's thing or there's a serious bug with the way it counts Overdue actions.

I've included some screenshots below to show you what I mean, but essentially:
  • My home screen doesn't list any overdue items (screenshot 1)
  • Going into my Projects folder, I can see that my "Office" sub-folder has 3 overdue items in there (screenshot 2)

So, bug, working as expected or what?

Thanks for any input.
JR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	648   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	649  

We fixed a bug like this in 1.0.2.
Please double-check that you've got that update.

Yes, I can definitely confirm I'm running 1.0.2

I'm using 1.0.2 and I'm seeing that if I have a project have a due date, but doesn't contain any actions. It would not show up as due soon, or overdue although it would show its overdue when I go into Projects view

If a project having a due date will not show up in over due or due soon, then why have start and due dates in projects?

Just a heads up, 1.0.3 didn't fix the problem.

I'm still experiencing 0 items appearing in my "Overdue" folder and yet I have 3 overdue obects (1 project which has 2 items).

Ditto. I'm seeing the same thing. I'm running 1.0.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by success2be View Post
I'm using 1.0.2 and I'm seeing that if I have a project have a due date, but doesn't contain any actions. It would not show up as due soon, or overdue although it would show its overdue when I go into Projects view

If a project having a due date will not show up in over due or due soon, then why have start and due dates in projects?
My view is that I do see a bug here, but not the one you describe. If a project has no actions, how can it be overdue - something can't be overdue if there's nothing left for me to do on it can it?

OK, so it can be overdue in the sense that the project should have been completed a while ago, but if I have nothing left to do on it, I don't want it showing up as overdue, at least not on my home screen.

The bug I do see is that OF includes overdue projects in it's count at all, and then not consistently. I think it should only ever count overdue actions. At present at certain points it counts projects and actions, while at others it only counts actions.

BTW, the purpose of due dates for projects is to allow actions to inherit them, surely? That doesn't mean the date means anything I'd want counted until actions do exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBerry View Post
The bug I do see is that OF includes overdue projects in it's count at all, and then not consistently. I think it should only ever count overdue actions. At present at certain points it counts projects and actions, while at others it only counts actions.
I think MacBerry has identified a key point which is the consistency in this context. I can see arguments pro and contra for showing projects overdue but the key point is that the overdue count has to be consistent in the different views.

Cheers
Silvan

Yes agreed. I'm open to pursuation over what it counts, but not over whether or not it should be consistent ;)

Well OK, I can be persuaded of anything actually (I'm either week willed that way, or pragmatic, depending which way you look at it), but it'd have to be a damn good argument to justify inconsistency!