The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unable to search for stencils on OSX Lion. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For some reason, using 5.3.6 on OSX Lion, I can't search for stencils. See the screenshot below:

If I click on the arrows on the side, I get a popup with the word search greyed out.

Any ideas?

What happens if you make the window wide enough that it doesn't stuff the search field in a menu? I know another Omni app has a similar issue.

wow that worked, but i never would have guessed i needed to stretch it wider

pretty bad UI in my opinion

As I said, there's a bug. I can't actually get the window to behave that way on my system (still on Snow Leopard), but in another Omni app where you can configure the toolbar, I see similar behavior when the window is narrow enough that the search field is forced into a menu. Judging from the behavior of some Apple apps that I tried (Preview and Finder), perhaps Omni hasn't implemented the code to handle the case where the search field is forced into a menu, and that's why it gets grayed out.

Thank you for posting the solution! I was having the same problem and I couldn't figure it out either.