The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[sp3]: Link changes apply after page loads Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If you have Omniweb set to not display underlines under links, they appear at first as the page loads and then disappear when the page finishes loading, which looks weird.

This is probably due to our internal, default stylesheet not applying right away. You will see a similar problem with links where they start out with a different, deeper blue color and then change to our softer blue color as the page renders.

I am not sure if we can somehow make our styles apply more quickly, but we'll look in to it.

Just signed up as a beta tester, so this may be duplicative of earlier posts, but...

As someone who loathes underlined links, I've never seen the momentary underline behavior described here when using OW 5.1.3. Does KHTML not use the "default style sheet" method?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilio
If you have Omniweb set to not display underlines under links, they appear at first as the page loads and then disappear when the page finishes loading, which looks weird.
Do you mean you have "override page styles" checked? I don't have links underlined, and I don't think I have ever experienced this problem.

On a related note, is the Safari setting the default setting for fonts and colors in sp3? I can't change to the Safari setting.

P

FWIW, I also see this happening. Judging by the changes I see happen on the page, I am guessing Scott's assessment is correct.

Just confirming the original report -- this didn't happen in 5.1.3, but does in sp3. With a diff background color and no underlines, I'll see the site's version first with my version overdrawing it. Happens in a blink on my G5, but might make someone with a slower machine abandon custom background or submit to underlined links.