The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Automatic Table of Contents When Saving as PDF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniGroup, I know you are hard at work in preparation to release OmniOutliner 4, however, I have a feature request that would make a huge difference for me in the usefulness of OmniOutliner.

I use OmniOutliner to take notes on readings and class lectures for my law school classes. I love how intuitive the program is and how easy it is for me to organize my notes as I am writing them.

Near the end of the semester, I save all of my notes to PDFs to study in preparation for finals. This works great, but I feel one thing is missing.

I would love to have the ability (perhaps an option in the settings somewhere) to have OmniOutliner generate an automatic, clickable table of contents that would appear at the very beginning of the PDF. This would allow someone reading the PDF to click on an item in the table of contents and jump right to that section in the PDF. The setting could have an option that lets the user specify which level of rows would appear in the table of contents.

I love OmniOutliner, and I believe it is the best note-taking/outlining app for law students available. This feature that I am requesting would just make OmniOutliner that much better!

Thanks.
Sam