The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Kinked line export to Visio? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi.

Today I have to export and share a document with a client. The client uses Visio. The exported process map has many straight lines with midpoints so the connections into boxes are horizontal and the lines go around other boxes.

When these lines are exported to Visio, all the mid-point data is missing so I have many "straight" lines that cross over boxes etc. instead of going around boxes.

Is there some way or preference I haven't found that allows the lines in Graffle to be exported properly to Visio?

Oh, I don't use and don't want to use the Orthogonal lines on purpose.

(I'd put a picture but I can't see how to attach to a posting without putting the picture somewhere on a server with a link. What's the secret to browse to a screenshot for upload and attachment to a posting?)

Thanks in advance.

To attach a local file, open the Additional Options section below the text entry box, then click the Manage Attachments button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-08-28 at 11.09.49 AM.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	2509  

Thanks! I never noticed it until now.

Here is a picture of OmniGraffle with midpoint lines and resulting export in Visio.

Any suggestions to get this to have a better conversion are greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-08-28 at 15.15.06 .png
Views:	487
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	2510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-08-28 at 15.16.23 .png
Views:	483
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	2511  

Hello everyone.

Can someone answer my question?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry you're having trouble here. I’m not sure why there's such a discrepancy in the exported file.

If you can email us at omnigraffle@omnigroup.com with the Graffle file in question, we can attempt to figure out what's happening.

A note: While we do attempt to monitor the forums, they're primarily a user-to-user resource. For the quickest response, it's generally best to contact us via email.

Sending you the files.