The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Fonts families Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First of all I apologize for my poor English.

I'd like that Omniweb let the user choose fonts for each generic family in use in the W3C standards (serif, sans-serif, cursive, fantasy, monospace). And also that the user can choose his preferred family (serif or sans-serif).

Thanks.

That would be great!

The absence of this feature is a huge disadvantage if compared to Shiira, Camino, Firefox, Opera and Seamonkey. In some of these browsers even a "Always use my fonts" option is given.

This feature would be also a distinctive one in compare to Safari. And because of the lack of this feature I prefer Shiira and Camino over OmniWeb and Safari for watching the Wikipedia (Wikipedia uses the sans-serif family and I don't want to use Helvetica for Wikipedia, but OmniWeb and Safari enforce me to do so).

THX

If you don' like the font for a web page, use the site preferences to change it for just that site.

If the "font" part of site prefs is not enough, you can create a custom css for that site and change any and all fonts to whatever you want. i use this all the time to change sites from Trebuchet (hideous) to helvetica or verdana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
If you don' like the font for a web page, use the site preferences to change it for just that site.
I see – you never tried to change the standard font of Wikipedia. Using the site preferences does not help as there is no option for changing the "sans-serif" family.

Just try it: go to http://en.wikipedia.org/ and select "Times New Roman" or "Arial" or any other font as "standard" font at the site preferences. Nothing will happen. Wikipeda (as many other sites) does not use the standard font family but the "sans-serif" font family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
If the "font" part of site prefs is not enough, you can create a custom css for that site and change any and all fonts to whatever you want. i use this all the time to change sites from Trebuchet (hideous) to helvetica or verdana.
This might be an option for easy structured sites like Wikipedia but not for sites like http://online.uni-graz.at/. Furthermore this would be just a geeky kludge to feign a feature which is solely missing in Safari and OmniWeb.

Last edited by ignis; 2007-10-30 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: typo

I see, true.

I personally use CSS for wikipedia i got from userstyles.org, called "gray lady". Makes wikipedia much more readable imho.