The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where has the expand-input-field button gone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone :)

I am using the latest OW SP. (Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the PDF post.)

I have noticed that the expander button on input fields no longer exists.

This button is a small box-shape on the RHS, on which one can click to expand the input field into a whole page. It also has a button of its own, to import text.

I use this feature a lot for forum posts and any detailed input. I hope it hasn't disappeared for good.

Any news on its imminent return would be very welcome. :)

The button has gone away, but you can right-click in the text area and select "Zoom..." and it does the same thing.

It is now an icon that appears in the Status bar at the bottom of the window when you click in an input area. Note, you can also resize input areas on the fly as in Safari 3 - drag the resize triangle in the bottom right of the input area.

Edit: note, the icon is not the + in a box, it is an A and text input cursor icon instead:

Last edited by JKT; 2007-09-05 at 11:37 AM..

Thanks to both Forrest and Jonathon for their helpful replies. :)

I'm glad this very useful feature hasn't disappeared entirely: it's just disappeared from where I expected it to be!

I tried all three suggestions on the Quick Reply box for this forum post, and both the contextual menu Zoom command and the new button on the Status Bar provided the larger input window, which is great.

There was no drag icon in the lower RH corner of the window, nor did dragging there do anything, but I think that is because the Quick Reply box already has resize arrows of its own, in the top RH corner.

I'm most relieved that I now have access to the larger input field again. Thankyou!

Hi Clytie, the drag icon is in the lower right of the text input field - three diagonal hashes in the corner. They appear in any text input field.

Not in the Quick Reply field for this forum. Hit Quick Reply and look.

You aren't seeing this?

You should be in the sneakypeeks.