The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why David Allen doesn't "get" GTD Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
@keone: bravo.... (applause)

---------------------------------------

Tracking priorities is a futile task when my intuition and informed decision-making process can help me determine what becomes a higher priority at any given moment.

I "trust" my OF/GTD system. Maybe some folks don't trust OF without a priority system. I don't know if I can trust an algorithm to help me determine what's urgent and what's not.

I already have repeating tasks set up that reminds me when certain thing are due.

I already have my trusted weekly review to help me forecast into the future. I don't have to "walk around the house to check if the windows are clean." The Review mode in OF is sorted by review date so I just have to look only a couple of weeks or a month ahead to see what needs to be done.

Hopefully OmniGroup will add priorities to OF and be done with this wild goose chase. Then we can all rest easy that the endless debate to add priorities will end.

I personally don't think that GTD is "oversimplified" for the real world. Priorities are hard to categorize when they can change easily. Our emotions often play into things and determines our priorities. That's something that a machine can't do for me. I just can't trust an algorithm to "bump up or down" my priorities for me.

Last edited by wilsonng; 2009-04-01 at 08:41 PM..