The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Setting screen font vs. print/export font [A: text zoom coming in OO4.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The view in my omnioutliner is smallish. Is there a feature similar to what I might find in the lower left corner of iWorks documents that allows me to view a larger onscreen version of my document?

The lack of zoom in OmniOutliner is a hardy perennial, and a source of much frustration and dysfunctional eye-strain, which should, at last, be fixed when OO4 is ready ...

In the meanwhile, I use the Applescript in this thread to toggle between a larger (screen) view and a smaller (print) view.

Thank you for taking time to reply.

This is probably the primary reason I use OmniOutliner less and less. It is probably the only programme on my drive that doesn't zoom, and it is a UX nightmare.

If one is printing at 10 or even 12 pixels, the document is nearly unreadable on Apple's laptop screens. Changing font size is not an option unless all styles are the same point size.

It really makes me wonder if the product manager for Omni has ever used a 13-inch MacBook with OmniOutliner.

I especially like the iPad version, but the Mac app is, as you say, obsolete. I don't think it's changed or improved in years.

Interesting. I thought it was just me, and my lack of experience ... although I seem to be be experiencing a conundrum reciprocal to the issue described here.

My screen size font is considerably larger than my print size. I never bothered to figure this out because I RARELY print Omni Organizer documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qomni View Post
Interesting. I thought it was just me, and my lack of experience ... although I seem to be be experiencing a conundrum reciprocal to the issue described here.

My screen size font is considerably larger than my print size. I never bothered to figure this out because I RARELY print Omni Organizer documents.
what are 'Omni Organizer" documents?