The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone OmniOutliner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have replied to an email from OO support, supporting OO for the iPhone. Where I think OO for the iPhone would be a killer app, and set it apart from the rest, is if it supports multimedia as the desktop does. I often take notes from martial arts seminars and classes and attach images and very short videos.
If I could make notes about a exercise and a child of that was an image or video, and that was synchronised between the iphone and the desktop, I would be sold.

Until OmniGroup releases an iPhone version of OmniOutliner, the CarbonFin Outliner discussed above is at least worth a try.

1. They have an iPhone app, and they just added Expand All/Collapse All.
2. The iPhone outlines will sync to the web.
3. The web client doesn't have any editing functionality, but at least it will allow you to view the outlines.
4. More to the point, the web client WILL allow OPML import; and it DOES import files exported from OmniOutliner to OPML format.
5. The import function is still a little cludgy on large files (it seems to hang), but I got a file imported, synced down to my iPhone, and I'm a mostly happy camper.

Still no word of OO for the iPhone? Thought there might have been something after almost 6 months.

The Carbon Fin app is pretty good - if they had a desktop app to go with it so I could edit outlines on my Mac instead of just the iPhone then I would dump OO tomorrow. I think a lot of other people would too.

Be nice to know if there was at least something coming, or if we should just move our work process to another platform.

Yes, OO for iPhone!

i would love you forever and ever. i already do but i would love you more.

Please see this thread now if you have interest in this.