The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone OmniOutliner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I realize the gang at Omni will be focusing on getting OF to the iPhone first. Any hope of getting OmniOutliner too?

We're focusing on OmniFocus iPhone right now and after that we'll see!

Let me add my vote to MacSparky's. I manage my daily activities with OO lists and also use them for meeting agendas and the like. There isn't a really good way to get them into the iPhone.
If I export to HTML, the outline turns into a file folder. Can't mail that. If I export to Word, the iPhone tells me the file is locked and can't be opened. If I export to text or print to PDF (the Daylite solution) or simply copy the whole thing and paste it into the e-mail, the result is readable, but I can't modify it or mark it as I go through the day - or I could if I do a reply to the e-mail and save it as a draft, modifying it as I go along - how elegant and easy is that?
I use Daylite to manage my professional life and OF to manage my personal and have both of them feeding into OO for my daily task list. But now that I've upgraded to a superior phone+, I can't do things that I used to be able to do with ease long ago with a Palm and could have done with some effort with a BlackBerry. Not all progress...

Best,

Stephen

OO on the iPhone please - it will be widely used by students who take notes and want to review or apply the info in their notes in the field - students, grad students, prof. students!

Add me to the list for OO iPhone. I needed something for the Palm before I got the iPhone but never found anything completely suitable. Having lists on the go would be fantastic.

I'd like to add my voice to the list of pro-OO for iphone people. It'd be great!

I hate to post a "me too" post but... but I find that I'm using OO as much or more than I do OF -- both are great app's -- and putting both on the iPhone 3G would REALLY enhance my productivity and my "fun-factor"! Hope to see it real soon! On the Palm side I used to use ShadowPlan -- a solid app -- but OO on a iPhone that would automatically sync with the desktop would be a HUGE step forward and much needed app!

Another hand in the air to support this from me!

I totally understand the reasoning behind getting OmniFocus ported to the iPhone first, but once that's done I want to encourage you to keep the store open nights and weekends to get OmniOutliner there as well. Right now I print any needed OO outlines to a .pdf and email them to myself so I can have them with me ... but cannot wait until I'll be able to sync them automatically and edit them on the iPhone.

It would be a huge deal for me.

Thanks,

rb

i put up my hand too for OO on the IPhone.
it seems an obvious match for note taking and ideas outlining on the fly during academic and professional meetings and reunions.