The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to sync custom Perspectives to iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a custom perspective created on my desktop version. When I sync my iPhone, I don't see that perspective listed. How do I sync these?

On the iPhone, I only see 3 perspectives listed: Contexts, Due, Flagged.

thanks

Is your perspective a context view, or a project view? At the moment, only context views are supported by the iPhone app.

Hmmm. I don't know the difference. It must be a project view since it's not visible on my phone. How do I create it as a context view?

I still don't understand what the differences are between the two types but I've managed to figure out how to toggle the perspective to "context" and now it syncs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpaw View Post
I still don't understand what the differences are between the two types …
Project view shows a hierarchical outline of each project. The structure of the outline within each project (i.e., the order of the items and the parent-child nesting) are all manually configured. This is useful for manually adjusting the order that you plan to complete tasks. I personally think of Project mode as "Planning mode".

Context views show individual actions. Depending on the view bar settings these actions might be just the first available action in a project (called its next action), every available action, or even all remaining or completed actions. Context view can automatically sort and group in a variety of ways. This allows context mode to mix actions from different projects together. Context mode only shows at most two levels, a grouping level and the individual actions. I think of Context mode as "Doing mode".

Hope that helps.

Curt

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Is your perspective a context view, or a project view? At the moment, only context views are supported by the iPhone app.
Any update on this situation? It would be really handy to be able to sync project-based perspectives with my iPhone.

I haven't seen any sign that project mode perspectives are imminent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb21au View Post
Any update on this situation? It would be really handy to be able to sync project-based perspectives with my iPhone.
I have to second this. Most of my perspectives are Project based and it's a real detriment to not be able to see these on my iPhone.

Send in feedback with the Contact Omni thing on the Settings page. More requests -> more priority...