The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hierarchical level question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can't DL Omnifocus till I get home so possibly some one could tell me how many hierarchical levels are possible in a project? For instance can you have:

project: build house

Sub project: plumbing

Sub project detail 1: -buy pipe
Sub project detail 2: -buy solder
Sub project detail 3: -get permit

Thanks,

Richard

I used it as an OmniOutliner replacement the other day at the museum. Resulting outline was 12 levels deep, will that be enough for your projects? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I used it as an OmniOutliner replacement the other day at the museum. Resulting outline was 12 levels deep, will that be enough for your projects? :)
Oh yes!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Right, but you can't define if a subproject is parallel or sequential, isn't it?

Bye,
Francesco

Yes, you can - at least on the Mac version. That's part of the power - any subproject can be either sequential or parallel even when other subprojects in the same project may be set the other way. Incredibly handy.

The UI for that didn't make it in 1.0, it's supposed to be in the follow-on release to clean up the various bugs found when everyone gets their hands on the app at long last. You can do it for projects, however.

To use the project editor to do this, edit the project containing the action group (aka sub-project), and tap on the action group. Tap the Move button, then Convert to Project. Now go focus on that project, edit it and set the parallel/sequential nature as desired, then tap the Move button and choose Convert to Action. This will send it off to your default Miscellaneous actions project, where you can edit it again to set the project back to where you wanted it. A bit clunky, but it shouldn't be this way for long!