The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bay Area Omnifocus user sought... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Toadling: I'm a five minutes from the Vineland Branch library! We are neighbors. I'll send you an offline message.

Ethan: I would love to meet you and see some live demo's.

I can also be available almost any evening.

Steve

Last edited by steve; 2008-05-15 at 07:49 PM..

I've sent a private message to everyone in this thread who's expressed interest in a Bay Area OmniFocus gathering, so check your forum account messages. If you didn't receive anything, and you're interested in getting together, let me know and I'll get in touch with you.

I will ping my Mac friend here at Cisco to see if i get any takers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleding View Post
I will ping my Mac friend here at Cisco to see if i get any takers...
Thanks, aleding. If you or any of your colleagues or friends are interested in our meeting on Tuesday, May 27, please let me know by sending me a private message or posting on this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8004

So far, we have 5 confirmed attendees for the May 27 meeting at Great Bear.

I'm *definitely* interested in a users' group, finding a consultant, helping to make it clear what issues are up for real non-tech newbies, anything that will help me (and others) get the most from OF.
Sorry i havent checked in in a while... is there anyone out there in the Berkeley area as well?

I'll be working in the Los Gatos area in the next few weeks and would be interested in meeting too. Is this a day or night meeting? Did it happen already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloiterman View Post
I'll be working in the Los Gatos area in the next few weeks and would be interested in meeting too. Is this a day or night meeting? Did it happen already?
Yeah, sorry. It was this past Tuesday. See this thread for some comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezerkeleygal View Post
I'm *definitely* interested in a users' group, finding a consultant, helping to make it clear what issues are up for real non-tech newbies, anything that will help me (and others) get the most from OF.
Sorry i havent checked in in a while... is there anyone out there in the Berkeley area as well?
We have another user meeting coming up on Tuesday, June 10, at 7:00 PM. And this time we've got Ken Case from Omni Group and a surprise guest joining us!

In honor of Apple's WWDC, the meeting will be held near Moscone West in San Francisco. The details are still being worked out, but will be posted in this thread when it's decided.

i think you made the right choice with the great bear vs the roaster. it's quieter and the chairs are more comfortable. libraries are ok and you can reserve rooms, but aren't nearly as fun and what good's a meetup without latte's??? not to mention the apple store next door for a quick fix of any hardware/software shortcomings; related 1:1 training sessions on mac apps etc...

count me in for the next one! I'm a bit of a gtd black-belt in need of some quick ramping up the learning curve with OF, really getting the most out of it. I used to run a blog about using GTD on the blackberrry etc "productively speaking" and am an omniouline veteran; but was never a power user with it. just came back to the mac (for GOOD) 4 months ago:)

steve bell, los gatos

Last edited by sbell22; 2008-06-04 at 02:59 PM..

Hi Steve,

Yeah, we had a good time at Great Bear. It worked out perfectly for our smallish group of 5 people. We should definitely do it again sometime.

Sorry you missed this one. Unfortunately, I did not have it on meetup.com (mentioned in your post on the other thread). But I'll certainly consider it for next time.

Of course, the next big shindig is the OmniFocus Meetup in San Francisco during WWDC next week. The Omni Group is asking people to RSVP, so send them a note.

Hope to see you there!

-Dennis

cool... cu in SF. i'm at startup U on the microsoft campus that afternoon, but hope to leave early and make it in time via caltrain. Could be a mob scene though, with WWDC in SF.

I will subscribe in case you decide to have another one here in the south bay.

every thought of starting an Omni Users meeting on SecondLife, or in some other virtual meetup forum?

steve