The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Actions filtered by selected projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a feeling I am missing something pretty obvious....

If I select a subset of projects in Planning Mode, is there a way to see the subset of actions in Context Mode just for these projects?

This would create a new opportunity to scope my work!

For example, if you use folders as roles, you could imagine yourself cycling through your different roles during the week!

If you hit the focus button, then switch to context mode, doesn't that do what you want?

As whpalmer4 writes, that's exactly what the Focus command does. It's in the toolbar by default; it's also available in the View menu and by using control-command-F.

Perspectives save the Focus state too, so you can customize perspectives for whatever roles you need.

And for focusing on a single project, you can double click the project in the sidebar, or an action of the project where ever the action appears. I often use this to quickly pop open a small, focused planning window when I'm in context mode.

Curt

hey thanks for all the replies - this double-click on a project is a new one for me - that works very nicely!

I do notice when I am in context mode, there are more active contexts that reflect the projects being focused on (ie. they seem to reflect the total # of active contexts across all projects) - is this intentional and by design?

ps. just upgraded to the 1.1 sneaky peek in case there are changes.... (nice performance improvements btw!)