The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

calendar, todos and projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick101 View Post
Calendar - fixed time event, like a meeting
Omnifocus - task list, or set of tasks (project), overview of my workload
Omniplan - specific formal project plans only, multiple linked tasks and dependencies, multiple resources

My job is project management. I use Omnifocus for the "outside" tasks - reports, meetings, project setup, admin, planning etc and Omniplan for the project plan itself (well, MS Project in reality, because my clients are universally Windows-based, but Omniplan for out of office updates).

I do use the Calendar for time-critical tasks (.e. block out Monday afternoon for planning) which is non-GTD, but I have to organise my time, not just my work. OF on IOS has workable calendar integration

Awesome thanks for the advice, my only problem is that I like to have my omnifocus task set with a due date that way I get a reminder of when I can and should do a certain task.

on a unrelated note I'm actually going to be pursing a certification in project management while I pursue my undergrad. I'm new to PM career is there any websites or other resources that helped you in your career?