The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export just a text list? (my .mac alternative/idea) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to export just a straight text list (tab delimited) of the contexts?

I'd like to export each context and then upload it to my .mac account. I need to just be able to "see" those items when I'm away from the computer.

Applescript is probably the way to go.

I'm hoping to get to an AppleScript one of these days that does something like this. Probably export to XML or an old-school plist and then write a small ruby camping app or something that parses it into an iPhone friendly web-site.

Honestly, what I'd like from Omni might be just a static export of the iPhone HTML view, so I can then dump it onto an accessible web-server (it's fine that it's built into OF, but no good for those of us with laptops not running as reliable servers)

I think I'll feedback request it! :)

I use my Export View to OmniOutliner script for things like this. OO has strong printing and export capabilities, so I send views to OO for "post-processing". Once perspectives are more fully implemented, I hope to write a Send Perspective to OmniOutliner script that would cut out some intermediate steps.

You can get the script from my software downloads page in the Send OmniFocus Items to OmniOutliner section

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
I use my Export View to OmniOutliner script for things like this. OO has strong printing and export capabilities, so I send views to OO for "post-processing". Once perspectives are more fully implemented, I hope to write a Send Perspective to OmniOutliner script that would cut out some intermediate steps.

You can get the script from my software downloads page in the Send OmniFocus Items to OmniOutliner section
Curt, is there some way to export to an OmniOutliner document that already has formatting set up? (In my case, I'd love to make the level one items tiny and the text in the notes huge.) Can the script use a "template"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Curt, is there some way to export to an OmniOutliner document that already has formatting set up? (In my case, I'd love to make the level one items tiny and the text in the notes huge.) Can the script use a "template"?
I suspect it is possible to use an OO template but haven't tried that yet. I'm interested in doing that so I can use a template for printing errands note cards. It will probably be a while until I get to it though--more than buried at the moment.

Curt

As long as we're giving Curt feedback on his script in this forum, here's some :-D I'd love to have some of the meta data come with the items into OF columns, namely due date and duration, oh may as well bring start date, too.

Obviously, I totally understand if you never get around to adding that, and really appreciate all the scripting you've already done.

Cheers,

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprugman
As long as we're giving Curt feedback on his script in this forum, here's some :-D I'd love to have some of the meta data come with the items into OF columns, namely due date and duration, oh may as well bring start date, too.

Obviously, I totally understand if you never get around to adding that, and really appreciate all the scripting you've already done.

Cheers,

M
M,

Thanks for the feedback. I've added an action about exporting metadata to my Share OF Scripts project.

Curt