The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Location search without results [In Progress: We suspect it's a bug.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After some time I now decided to get OF for my Mac and my iPhone. Almost everything is just brillant, but the Nearby-function does not work. It works if I manually enter an address, but if I provide a search term like "supermarkt" (I happen to live in germany, so thats the spelling here; however using the english supermarket works neither) I dont get any results at all.
How do I err in my actions?

Happy to help, zikade - we're basically doing a Google maps search there; can you let us know if if the "Maps" application returns similar results to what you're seeing in OmniFocus?

If you are seeing different results, that sounds like a bug we need to fix. If you could take a screenshot of the settings for the context in question and send that to the support ninjas, we'll be happy to look into it.

To take a screenshot on the iPod Touch, hold down the Home button, and then briefly press the Power button on the top of the device. (With the screen you want to take a picture of visible, of course.)

Your screen will flash white - this means that the screenshot was added to your photo roll. You can now use the camera application on your phone to email the photo to yourself, then send it along.

Thanks for doing that; it'll give us some information which can help us determine what's going on.